TRAX TERMS & CONDITIONS
NO HIDDEN COST POLICY
Trax prides itself on being totally transparent at every single stage of the rental. Your campervan hire comes with the following as standard:
- Insurance for 1 driver
- Unlimited Mileage
- Full breakdown cover
- Full UK insurance
- Privilege membership to The Camping and Caravanning Club
WHO CAN DRIVE THE VEHICLE
Only the person(s) that are listed on this van Rental Agreement and above the age of 25 may drive this vehicle. The above mentioned van Renter is hereby responsible for all collision damage to the vehicle regardless if someone else is at fault or the cause is not known.
WHAT DOES THE INSURANCE COVER
- The van Renter is fully responsible for the cost of any repair up to the value of the vehicle. The van Renter’s Insurance may cover all or only part of the financial liability for the rented vehicle
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by We Are Adventure Ltd to the named drivers on this agreement holding a UK or Republic of Ireland Driving License.
- An excess will be authorized on collection of your vehicle. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the excess paid(GBP).
- This does not cover the cost for replacement or repair of windows or tyre damage for which the hirer is responsible.
- The excess also does not cover fuel in the water tank.
- Driving by an unauthorized driver invalidates insurance.
- It is a criminal offence to drive without insurance in the UK and Ireland punishable by law.
- Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable by law.
- The theft of the vehicle will not be covered by insurance if the ignition keys are left in or on the vehicle whilst unoccupied and the hirer shall be held fully responsible for a replacement vehicle.
- Insurance does not cover or include the hirers’ personal belongings.
- The refundable deposit on your vehicle hire covers both the insurance excess in the event of a collision and the proper return of the vehicle in same condition as it was let out to the hirer.
- This amount will be debited from your credit card account immediately and is fully refundable within ten days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions:
- No damage to the campervan or any third party
- Campervan returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time
- Campervan returned in the same condition as it was let out, the interior clean including all cooking appliances, porta potty emptied, the fuel tank full and the camper has refrained from smoking inside the vehicle.
- All items are returned at end of hire in clean and full working order as per the ‘Departure Check list’ in the Rental Agreement.
- This security deposit will be used to fund any loss or damage what so ever to equipment, fixtures, fittings, windows, tyres or negligent damage to the vehicle and the hirer agrees to pay Trax any additional costs over and above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
- Trax reserves the right to increase the security deposit for specific events eg: festivals or rallies
- A cleaning fee of £75.00 will be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
- An additional fee of £150.00 will be charged against the deposit if the toilet and waste tank are not emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
- Fuel in the motorhome or campervan water tanks is NOT covered by the excess. The costs for this are to be paid separately by the hirer.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I BREAKDOWN
- In the event of a break down the hirer will be reimbursed, by way of voucher, to the equivalent number of nights rental lost.
- Vouchers will be valid for 12 months after rental date and subject to calendar restrictions.
- In the event of a delayed hire or cancellation Trax will not be held responsible for any loss of further holiday expenses such as: ferry bookings, campsite fees, reservations etc.
- In the event that Trax is forced to either delay or cancel a hire (due to circumstances outside of our control) Trax will offer a replacement vehicle. In this instance the vehicle offered will be of the equivalent or higher category. In the extremely rare occasion that this is not offered a full refund will be offered.
- Discounted Internet vouchers are not eligible for refund in any situation.
PARKING MY CAMPERVAN
- Trax does not offer any parking at any of the collection or return locations.
- Owner’s cars left at pick up point are left at owners risk. Trax will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to vehicles or possessions.
COLLECTION & RETURNING YOUR VEHICLE
- The vehicle must be returned to the same location in which it was picked up for rental and on or before the above indicated due back date and time.
- There will be additional fees due if the vehicle is not returned as specified above.
- Where it is permitted by law the Campervan Renter hereby authorizes us to process their credit card information in their name for all Campervan Rental charges, including the full vehicle value of any vehicle that is not returned to the Campervan Rental Company
- Collection and return should be at the times listed on your contract. If late please notify Trax as soon as possible.
FINES, TICKETS & TOLLS
- All fines, towing, any court costs, penalties and or administrative fees that we may incur for parking, traffic and or other violations that may be incurred by the Campervan Renter during the Campervan Rental term period as stated above and to apply any payments made to the charges in whatever order that the Campervan Rental Company sees as necessary. By hiring a vehicle you’re agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
WHY MY EXCESS MIGHT NOT BE RETURNED
- The waste tank / toilets have not been emptied before being returned.
- Pets have been in the motorhome without prior notice.
- There is damage to the camper / motorhome (internal or external) or it has been in an accident.
- The fuel tank has not been returned at the agreed level.
- The renter has been smoking in the van.
- Fuel in the water tank
TAKING THE CAMPER ABROAD
- We are happy for you to take the camper abroad but we need to know in advance as you will not be insured. Please let us know if your plans change and you plan to go abroad.
- Bookings paid for with a deposit are eligible for a full refund up to 30 days prior to travel
- If booked with the “upfront payment discount” this is non refundable
- Credit card and debit card charges are non-refundable. An administration fee of £15 will be charged on the processing of any refund.
- Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance policy in the event of a cancellation.
- Should you wish to extend your hire then this may be possible but you must contact us giving as much notice as possible so we can confirm availability.
- Additional Drivers are charged at £6 per day each, please let us know if you would like to add an additional driver to your booking. Any driver driving without first submitting details to Trax will be driving without insurance.
- Max of 2 drivers per vehicle
- Additional drivers must be taken for the full length of the trip.